The following services by an Investment Consultant can help you to enjoy a hassle free investment experience and guide you to achieve maximum benefits during entire process:
1. Advice on Tax implications both in India and abroad
2. Filing your returns in India
3. Guidance on Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
4. Advice on Bank Accounts
5. Advice on FEMA
Various areas of concern arise when an NRI decides to return to the country. NRI’s need guidance and planning before returning to the country. S/he must be guided by the Foreign Exchange Management Act and the Income Tax Act. Listed below are few hiccups that must be addressed before an NRI returns to India:
1) Planning the date of return to enjoy minimum tax liability for that financial year.
2) Possessing and operating NRI bank accounts upon your return and tax implications thereon.
� For NRO account, it must be re-designated to Resident Account
� For NRE account, it must be transferred to RFC account or re-designated to Resident account
� FCNR account, it must be held upto maturity, then converted either to RFC account or to rupee account
� RFC account,It can opened and maintained with authorized dealers on becoming residents. The funds are fully repatriable and denominated in Forex. The funds can be remitted in a foreign country for a genuine purpose by account holder or dependents.